workshop handout - Zotero 5.0 - the latest version
- Mastering Zotero https://zotero-manual.github.io/citations/
- Zotero documentation https://www.zotero.org/support/
- How to add footnote/endnote that is a parenthetical thought rather than a citation of a source?Answer: Use Word's insert footnote function.
- What to do if you want two things in one footnote: both a parenthetical thought and a citation of a source from zotero? enter sentences between references (see for example:...., for a list of relevant works see...) within the footnote.
Answer: Place the cursor in the Zotero reference, click the Add/Edit Citation button, then click on the blue reference bubble in the pop up dialog. You can enter that sort of text in the prefix/suffix fields.
- If I “insert footnote/endnote” through the MS Word program in same document where I’m inserting Zotero footnotes, will the two systems work perfectly fine together and respect each other to combine the numbering of footnotes?
Answer: Adding both Zotero citations (using the Zotero plugin) and informational footnotes (using Word’s footnote feature) is no problem.
- Chicago style prints English journal article titles in title case, not sentence case: https://www.chicagomanualofstyle.org/tools_citationguide/citation-guide-1.html
- Chicago Manual of Style 17th Edition https://owl.purdue.edu/owl/research_and_citation/chicago_manual_17th_edition/cmos_formatting_and_style_guide/chicago_manual_of_style_17th_edition.html