19 July 2017
- Kolah, Debra Kay
- Garrison, Susan R
- Prendeville, Jet M
- Byrd, Sid
- Vieira, Scott – not present
- Sewell, Jeanette - not present
- Monthly web team meeting
|Accessibility Issues/Project Update||Koffler, Jeff|
Change Control documentation Update
We do document and communicate about large high level / structural changes to the website, via the change control wiki.
What about the more "minor" changes, which actually people are often quite interested in, as well? How best to communicate about these, such as the ArchivesSpace updates, or adding a link to the CMACS form, or the Strategic Plan being online now? Email libstaff? Use staff wiki? Our communications about these things need to be framed in terms of their background - "after usability testing..." or "per web accessibility requirements...". See action items for next steps regarding our committee at August Town Hall and our August messages out about changes.
|New Study Room Reservations system||Debra Kolah||Study room reservations system is online with some updates. Room 156 is now included in Advance Reservations (more than 3 days out), along with Rm 201 and 601.|
|Accessibility Committee/LibGuide: http://libguides.rice.edu/accessibility/home||Debra Kolah|
Debra Kolah/UX Office taking over Linda Spiro's Accessibility LibGuide
Discussion of the role of the Accessibility Committee and the Web Team, as they overlap in some ways.
To be discussed further as time goes on.
|Broken article/database areas on Bento box update||Debra Kolah||Han Jun has created a fix for this problem, which will go live the 1st week in August.|
|Strategic plan to tie-in to Fondren update||Sue Garrison||New! On the Contact Us page, click on Learn more about Fondren (http://library.rice.edu/content/fondren-library-overview), and see info including the current strategic plan, plus Lisa Spiro and Melinda Flannery as contacts.|
C-MACS form http://ow.ly/ZwKM30dKCs5 (events/graphics/social media)
Web Team needs to help promote use of this form by anyone needing anything for events/graphics/social media, because the current nature of requests is very last minute and scattered, and results in pieces of requests being missed. For example a person asks 1 person for 1 piece for an event, but then the event never gets on the Fondren calendar (when it should).
The form needs to be linked from a more accessible place than the C-MACS wiki page.
ArchivesSpace updates to be live the last week in July
Website demos planned for 1st week of classes via large screen on 1 st floor, with Debra, Amanda T., and Han Jun doing demos, mainly of room reservation system but also other functions
- Kolah, Debra Kay Sewell, Jeanette Claire Draft and send a Web Team message for libstaff wiki and email about recent "minor" changes to website
- Koffler, Jeffrey Michael Kolah, Debra Kay Sewell, Jeanette Claire Prendeville, Jet M Vieira, Scott Alexander Focke, Amanda York Byrd, Sid Garrison, Susan R Plan to attend August's Fondren Town Hall on behalf of Web Team, talking about communicating change on the website when appropriate
- Kolah, Debra Kay Sewell, Jeanette Claire Prendeville, Jet M Vieira, Scott Alexander Focke, Amanda York Byrd, Sid Garrison, Susan R Send comments to Jeff K over next couple of weeks on the library test site re accessibility changes: library-test.rice.edu