- blank = full level
- 4 = core level
- 7 = minimal level
- 8 = CIP
Desc (Description) : must be 'i' if RDA
Dat_Tp (DtSt, Type of Date)
Dewey Decimal call number (this field may be deleted, although it does not show in the OPAC)
Government Documents Classification Number. If the book is about an individual state, cataloger can receive it. If the book deals with the federal government, check with Government Publications to see if they will receive a copy. If so, the book in hand should be returned.
Main Entry -- Personal name (verify ,|eauthor, when present)
100 0_ forename
100 1_ surname
100 3_ family name
Name Authority – Names must be in exactly the same form as in the Name Authority record.
- The cataloger confirms that there is an authority record in Sirsi for names which are not straightforward and for names which have 4xx (qualifying) fields on Library of Congress name authority (LCNA) records. (See Name Authorities Guidelines, Section VI, Chapter A)
- If the name is not in the Sirsi authority file, search the LCNA file. If the LCNA contains a 4XX field, report to DBM in one of two ways:
- Print a copy of the bibliographic record, put the LCNA number at the end of the name, circle the tag (100, 710, etc.), write NA with the date and cataloger’s initials in the upper right-hand corner of the print-out and place in the Database Management basket, or
- Print name authority record, write NA with the date and cataloger's initials in the upper right-hand corner of the print-out, and place in the Database Management basket to be added to the Sirsi authority file.
- When there is no authority record in Sirsi or OCLC, print the bibliographic record, circle the tag, put a question mark (?) before the tag, and place in the DBM basket. Date and initial the print-out.
Main entry – Uniform title - title by which a work is identified for cataloging purposes when the work has appeared under varying titles. When the work is a translation add a subfield |l with the language of the translation. When the main entry is an author (100, 110, or 111 field), use field 240 for the uniform title.