Computes the distance between two phylogenetic networks, based on their topologies. Three measures are currently implemented:
- Tree-based measure. (-m tree)
- Tripartition-based measure. (-m tri)
- Cluster-based measure. (-m cluster)
- Reduction-based measure (Nakhleh, L. (2010)). (-m luay)
The networks must be specified in the Rich Newick Format.
This program returns three numbers: the false negative rate (roughly, the trees/tripartitions/clusters found in the first network but not the second, divided by the number of trees/tripartitions/clusters in the first network), the false positive rate (roughly, the trees/tripartitions/clusters found in the second network but not the first, divided by the number of trees/tripartitions/clusters in the second network), and the average of the two rates (their sum divided by 2).
If reduction-based measure is used, this program returns only one number: the distance.
The name of the first network.
The name of the second network.
Characterization mode. One of
Optional file destination for command output.
- L. Nakhleh, J. Sun, T. Warnow, R. Linder, B.M.E. Moret, and A. Tholse. Towards the development of computational tools for evaluating phylogenetic network reconstruction methods. In Proc. 8th Pacific Symp. on Biocomputing (PSB03), pages 315--326. World Scientific Pub., 2003.
- B.M.E. Moret, L. Nakhleh, T. Warnow, C.R. Linder, A. Tholse, A. Padolina, J. Sun, and R. Timme. Phylogenetic networks: modeling, reconstructibility, and accuracy. IEEE/ACM Transactions on Computational Biology and Bioinformatics, 1(1):13--23, 2004.
- L. Nakhleh and L.S.Wang. Phylogenetic networks, trees, and clusters. In Proceedings of the 2005 International Workshop on Bioinformatics Research and Applications (IWBRA 05), pages 919--926, 2005. LNCS #3515.
- L. Nakhleh and L.S. Wang. Phylogenetic networks: properties and relationship to trees and clusters. LNCS Transactions on Computational Systems Biology II, pages 82--99, 2005. LNBI #3680.
- Nakhleh, L. (2010). A metric on the space of reduced phylogenetic networks. IEEE/ACM Transactions on Computational Biology and Bioinformatics (TCBB), 7(2), 218-222.