The students will have to use 'turnin' to submit the homeworks. The 'turnin' is a generic script that uses the subversion to maintain copies of the homeworks. It is available only in the CLEAR cluster.
One time Setup in CLEAR
- Login to CLEAR
ssh <your netid>@ssh.clear.rice.edu
- Make sure you DO NOT have a folder named 'comp322' in your home.
- Initialize turnin for COMP322
turnin init comp322-F15
- This will ask if you wish to store your password unencrypted, twice. Say 'no' to them.
- Now you should have a folder named 'comp322' in your home.
Submitting your Homeworks
You should follow the steps below to submit all your homeworks using turnin on CLEAR. Note that you can do your homework on any machine. The instructions below include steps to copy them to CLEAR and to submit them.
- Go to the folder (in your machine) that contains all that you need to submit for your homework.
- Zip the files you want to submit. Here ’n’ refers to the homework number.
zip -r hw_n.zip *
zip -r hw_n.zip <files/folders> // If you want to select some files/folders only
- Use sftp to copy the zip file to CLEAR.
You should have the sftp prompt ’sftp>’ now.
Create a new folder with the name ’hw_n’ for this homework number n
This should show that the zip file has been copied into the folder hw_n.
- Login to CLEAR.
- Go the folder hw_n
- Unzip the file
- Delete the zip file
- Go one level up, to the ’comp322’ folder.
- Turnin the folder hw_n
turnin commit hw_n
This should show all your files being added to the subversion.
- Your submission is complete.