The following settings are required
To set your preferences in Connexion, click on
|Access tab|| |
|Internet access||OCLC default|
|Enable statistics logging||On|
|Enable transaction logging||On|
|Authorizations tab|| |
|Authorization number||(contact Jiun or Mang if you have forgotten this)|
|Derive Record tab|| |
|Bibliographic Records and Constant Data|
(check these boxes)
If you already have an export file saved, you can just link to it:
- With "(None)" highlighted, click Create, then choose File, and click the OK button.
- Navigate to your existing export file (most people use prism.dat) and select it.
- Click the Open button.
If you need to create a new export file:
- With "(None)" highlighted, click Create , then choose File , and click the OK button. A dialog window will open.
- Create an empty folder on your computer's hard drive called e xports (you can just click the little folder icon with the starburst, located at the top of the dialog window).
- Recommended: create the folder on your C drive, within your User folder. The path will look similar to this: C:\Users\jdm9\exports\
- Double click on the exports folder to open and select it.
- Type in a filename (it can be anything, but something short is good) in the File name field of the dialog window. The file type should be Export Data Files (*.dat); you can change it if needed. Click the Open button to create the export file.
- Verify that your Export Destination is correct, then click OK to save this setting. You should end up with a path that looks something like C:\Users\jdm9\exports\oclc.dat
|Click on the Record Characteristics button. Both Record Standard fields should be set to MARC21 and both Character Set fields should be UTF-8 Unicode|
|You must use Arial Unicode MS for all fonts|
All other settings are optional
|International tab|| |
|Export||choose Include all data, with other scripts in 880 fields|
Then click Apply and Ok to save your settings.